Monday, January 22, 2018

Introduction - John Ewing

Hello all,

I am John Ewing, faculty member in the agricultural teacher education program at Penn State, and I am so excited to be taking part in my first embedded course #TeachAgBelize over spring break in March. I am blessed to be working with two great colleagues (Daniel Foster and Melanie Miller-Foster) to pull this course together and provide our students a great experience before, during, and after our in-country experience in Belize. Since this is my first experience with such a course, I am excited to learn from those that have done this in the past. I am going to learn just as much, if not more, than the 8 students that will be taking part in the class.

I am able to do these great things because of a great university, great colleagues, and an understanding family. My wife, Joy, knows the commitment it takes to be an agricultural educator (no matter the level) and she encourages me each an every day. My children, Catie (12), Dylan (9), and Annabelle (7) are also wonderful when it comes to daddy being away at times. I am sure they will stay busy taking care of their animals (horses, goats, cats... did I miss anything?), while I am experiencing Belizean agriculture for a week in March! Thank you and I look forward to sharing a great experience with my colleagues and students.

No comments:

Post a Comment